PepsiCo Sales Apprenticeship
We have a rare opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking apprentice to join our Field Sales team here at PepsiCo! This is an entry level sales opportunity that will enable you to get to know our products, business and customers from the ground up, and will provide a great foundation to build a career within one of the biggest FMCG companies globally.
Our frontline sales reps are responsible for driving range and availability in their territory – in this role you are responsible for unlocking the sales potential within the postcodes you operate in utilising the stock that you carry in your van and the sales tools and training that you are supported with. You will be fully trained in understanding how to spot opportunities and you will work in partnership with the retailers to increase growth. We understand that every one of our customers is different so you’ll be using both your sales expertise and your ability to build relationships to make recommendations on what products they should stock, inform them of new and exciting campaigns they can expect to see from us and generally make sure that all of our brands are being represented in the best possible way they can be. If you have a hunger for sales, a passion for snacks and are keen to learn the skills required for a successful career in one of the best FMCG sales organisations, then this is the opportunity for you.
We are a results-driven organisation and our expectations are high which is why we need talented, dynamic and hard-working individuals to join us. In return you’ll be given every opportunity to promote your own personal and professional development in a supportive, dynamic and people-centric organisation.
You will be driving your own van and leading your own territory and looking after a customer base of around 120 small independent stores. You’ll be out on the road working visiting your customers and working independently a lot of the time, so you’ll need to be self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- You will follow set journey schedules.
- You will seek new customer opportunities for your territory to maintain your buying call file.
- You will provide a regular, reliable and consistent service for our customers.
- Relationship building with your stores to help deliver your sales targets and drive our share performance.
- You will lead daily stock and cash processes for ordering, picking and delivering of stock.
- You will be responsible for growing defined targets across your territory.
- You will collect and unload stock from cash & carry at the beginning and end of the day.
- Alongside your day-to-day role, you will take on project work as well as learning and development opportunities in order to develop your sales career at PepsiCo. We’ll also fully support your studies towards a Level 6 full Business to Business Sales Degree from Middlesex University.
- GCSE Maths & English at Grade C/ 4 or above.
- Completed 2 A Levels or Equivalent (No grade threshold).
- Full UK Driver’s License.
- Appetite to study towards a Level 6 full degree in Business to Business from Middlesex University.
- Hunger and drive to succeed in a global FMCG company.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Incredibly self-driven personality.
- Organisation skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Ability to think on your feet.
We see our Future Sales Professionals as a foot in the door at one of the biggest FMCG companies in the UK and globally and being part of our organisation will open up a wealth of career development opportunities. Here at PepsiCo we value our employees and we will invest the time to help you find the right career path for you.
Salary & Benefits:
- £22,000 starting salary.
- In years 2 and 3 of the scheme you will be able to earn more through annual salary review and phased enrolment to the monthly performance-based bonus scheme.
- Company mobile.
- Flexible benefits package (25 days holiday + bank holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 more, company pension, discounted hotels & restaurant deals, gym discount PLUS so much more.)
The program starts in September 2024 and we are looking forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Internship Location Details